Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ouch, Ouch, and Double Ouch

I like to play volleyball on Wednesday nights with ladies from the Stake. The stake center has a really nice gym, but there are often lots of chairs stacked up along the walls. This gets in the way of playing volleyball to the fullest extent, but you get used to avoiding the walls. This past week, the chairs were pretty much all cleared off, so it was nice to be able to serve outside the line instead of in. However, there was a table that was left along the wall. Why someone didn't think, "Huh. We should move that." I have no idea. So, who had the honor of "finding" the table? You got it. Me. Ouch. I was going after the ball (which someone on my side had hit backwards) and had my head up. The table was only about 2 feet tall, so it was completely out of my peripheral vision. I ran smack into it with the side of my thigh. Yowza. Now. I got the hit and another player on my side hit my hit over and we scored the point, so it was all worth it, right? Take a look at these pictures and you'll think it wasn't. :( I hobbled around for two days and am still sore, but not too bad.

This was the morning after the collision:


This is what it looks like tonight:

It's about 6 inches across. It covers my whole thigh. Mike says I shouldn't let anyone see it or they'll think he beats me. :) It would be believable, too, with the fresh bruise on my knee from volleyball this week and the old bruises on my shin from running into a box in the hallway. :( I'm just pitiful lately.

No comments: