Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

What are we going to do with her?

Kira is a little beacon of joy in our house. She's so full of life and has so much energy. We all adore her.

But when you find her sitting on the second rung of a ladder while you were folding laundry... well, you wonder what on earth you're doing with this little baby!

She is, for the most part, fearless. Take today for instance. I was sitting in the living room when I hear rattling from the kitchen. I go in and find her with an empty laundry basket that she's turned upside down, pushed up to the cabinets, standing on it to reach into the drawers in the kitchen. I suppose I should be really, really grateful that she understands it when I tell her no. She usually just runs off looking for her next adventure.

And even though it drives me a little crazy, I'm grateful for a daughter who isn't afraid to try things, isn't afraid to be up on that ladder. (I'm also grateful that she doesn't mind that I hold onto her arm to support her and make sure she's safe.)

But mostly I'm thankful that we have since cleaned up that messy corner of our house! :)

No comments: