Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CoCo

In the last month, Kira has become much more independent. One thing she loves to do during the day is go upstairs and hang out with Jacob and Cole. She likes to bang on the computers when they're trying to use them, destroy Legos that they carefully built. You know. Standard destructive baby behavior.

But what's really cute is when Cole comes downstairs toting Kira on his hip. He's either trying to get her away from his stuff, or she's fussy and he's bringing her to me, or she's poopy and he's bringing her to me, or he just wanted to come downstairs and Kira wanted to go with him.

Sometimes when he tries to put her down, she fusses, so he keeps holding her. It's just a cute relationship. My two babies. Only one isn't so much of a baby anymore...

A couple of mornings ago I left Kira home while I took Reid to school. I asked Cole to feed her breakfast while I was gone. I helped gather a few things for him to feed her and then got ready to go. He picked her up, put her in her highchair, got her tray on, and started giving her her food (finger foods, he didn't have to spoon feed her). When I got home (it takes about 12 minutes), she was in her chair still and Cole was sitting next to her at the table eating a bowl of Kix. He said, "She didn't want her toast, so I gave her some Kix."

It's just so sweet to watch those two interact. He'll be the brother she spends the most time with. It's nice that they're off to a good start.

Happy 10th Birthday, Little Man

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is such a joy to see the love and happiness in all the children's faces. It is true that they are all so bonded with Kira. God sent a special little girl to a special four boys, and made the whole family (Mom & Dad also) very complete. (Not to mention what it did for us grandparents!!) Love you more than words can ever be written!