Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good News, Bad News

First... Reid finally got the stomach bug. Poor kid. He's been throwing up all evening. He was looking quite pitiful earlier in the evening. I haven't gone up to check on him a whole lot because I'm still a bit queasy. Mike fortunately was willing to take care of some of the clean up.

Good news is the rest of us are mostly doing pretty good. I had lots of energy this morning, but would get stomach cramps if I was up too long. I think that ended by mid afternoon, so I got dinner cooked and got a lot of cleaning done in the kitchen.

And I did end up staying home from church. It was a good thing, too. Mike left with the boys at 10:15. I had put Kira in the bath just as they were leaving (we finally had some hot water). She was just crying and crying while she was in there and wanted out as soon as I would let her. So I got her out and usually she's happy playing on the bed naked after a bath, but she just kept crying. So I put her diaper on her, nursed her, and she was asleep by 10:30. She woke up at 12:45. She was a tired girl and we would have been 100% miserable if we had gone to church. I should have spent the time reading my scriptures, but I just did nothing.

Perhaps that has it's own merit for a mother of 5 after a week of stomach flu.

No comments: