Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thrush

Kira has thrush.

With as much probiotics as I have in the house, I have no idea how we've gotten this.

I don't think it's very severe right now, but she has some white patches on her inside cheeks and on her tongue. She's been refusing to eat and has been very, very cranky.

I started giving her extra acidophilus powder in her food and just mixed with water. Hopefully that's helping.

I take her to the doctor tomorrow morning. The doctor may give us some nystatin. Yuck. I'll feel bad for Kira if we have to use that stuff.

I'll wash all my shirts and hang them out to dry in the sun to help disinfect them. Supposedly a little topless sunbathing helps with nursing moms, too. This private backyard might come in handy if I get brave enough.

Her crankiness is making it so I haven't gotten anything done for the past day or two. She screams bloody murder if you even think about walking away from her. So the house is a mess and I'm exhausted, but such is life, right? She's still cute and is the apple of my eye. (Okay, one of five apples.) And I adore her. I just hope she can feel better soon.

For both of our sakes.

1 comment:

Laura Soto said...

So sorry for both of you. Not fun.
Before you layout topless check for the angles your neighbors have into your yard. Unless you really want your neighbors to get to know you.