Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life is Tough

You know. I go through day by day trying to be productive. Get housework done. Make dinner. Take care of Kira. Hug a passing Cole. Listen attentively to an unexpected story from Reid. Hope I even see Jacob for a few minutes. And help Zach know that I love him and that he's okay.

Those things can be tough to do each day. I go back and forth between feeling like I can conquer the world and feeling like I need to just run away. Today I've been feeling like I just need to be better. Like I should be able to love more, do more. Days like today are hard. Guilt takes over and I'm under it's grip.

Hopefully a passing hug from Cole, or a conversation with Reid, or watching my little baby toddle across the floor will help snap me out of it.

I want nothing more than to appreciate the kids and the life I have. I hate days like today that make me feel like I don't. Because I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is days like this that make us stronger. We could not grow and strengthen in our faith and every day lives without "these days". They are not fun to go through, but they do built us and make us better after the fact.

No one could be a better person, mom, wife, daughter that you. Just keep growing and being your strong self.

Your Mom - with lots of love and understanding!