Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

*Bleeping* Thrush!

Okay. Thrush is no longer a nuisance, it's a freaking horror story.

I took Kira to the doctor last Thursday and since the case was mild, we opted to try to treat it with home remedies and probiotics. Well, by Sunday morning, I knew that wasn't working any more.

So I called the doctor first thing Monday morning to ask her to send in a prescription for diflucan for Kira. Then I had to find myself a doctor who would write me a prescription for diflucan that day. After a way long day, I finally got the prescription and we both took our first doses last night.

But until it starts to actually work, I'm in a ton of pain. Man oh man. It just about kills me when she nurses and it hurts all the time in between, too. Ugh.

I'm at least thankful that I could get the prescription and that we're hopefully on the road to recovery. Her mouth already looks better. Hopefully my 'what nots' will follow shortly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so hoping the natural way would work, but if not, glad that you have started the anitbotics. Glad Kira is doing better and hope your 'what nots' get better really quick! Keep me posted.

Love MOM