Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Update... A little bit of everything

House

We will be closing in just under three weeks. Things seem to be going pretty good so far. I'll be in touch with our loan officer early next week to make sure things are on schedule.

We've reserved the first of our UHaul trucks. We're going to move over two weekends. Partly because the move out here is too fresh in our heads and we don't want to have to do it all at once again. And partly in case the closing is delayed... we'll put the stuff in a storage unit and come back down here until things get worked out. So we'll be taking mostly non-essential items on the first run. Then we'll come back for everything else. Hopefully it will all work out smoothly.

Zach

With scout camp coming up, he had to get a physical. When we were walking back to the room with the nurse, she said, "You're really tall for a 12 yr old." I know Zach's been growing lately, but I've never thought he was particularly tall for his age. Anyway. Turns out he's in the 92nd percentile for height. And he said he was one of the tallest boys in his class. Pretty interesting. He was tall enough that the doctor wanted to check a few things with his joints to make sure he didn't have any medical problems that can cause extreme height. How funny is that? As a 5'4" mother sitting in the chair watching the exam, I can honestly say I never expected to experience that. So watch out Uncle John, Zach's trying to catch up with you!

School

School ends this week. Thursday is the last day. This week will be the typical last week of school: lots of nothing. Reid is going to an all day pool field trip on Monday. Jacob goes to the pool with his class on Tuesday. They pretty much don't even need to go to school all week, but given that it's the only time all year where they're having lots of fun, it's probably all the more reason to go. :)

Kira

Kira is a mess. She gets into everything and is easily pulling up on the couch (or anything else she can find). Then she'll support herself with one hand, or one elbow while she plays with something. She has yet to learn that the cat is not something to grab. Her latest scratch is on her hand from this morning. But the cat has yet to learn that he should move more than 6 inches away after an incident.

She's sleeping pretty well these days. I usually feed her once during the night and then once more early in the morning. Sometimes she'll sleep for a while after the early morning feeding, so that's nice. Her naps could be better most days, but we're working on it. She sleeps exclusively in her crib. Which is good because she's so mobile that she'd just fall off the bed. I didn't really use the crib for Jacob or Cole and now I have no idea how I did that. But then again, that whole time is pretty much a blur, so who knows how I survived it at all...

While we were at the doctor's office with Zach, I got on their scale and then again with Kira. She weighed 18 lbs. She is a dense baby like Jacob was. It's nice to know that through all of her issues with food, that she has thrived. She is so precious. Mike and I completely adore her. Of course, her brothers do too. What a lucky little girl.

Food

So I'm still eating dairy. I'm trying hard not to overdo, but it's really hard. :) I totally understand the psychology thing about not excluding food from your home because kids will over eat that kind of food when they're out on their own. :) I see something I haven't been able to eat for 6 months and I want to eat it then... but I have to remind myself that I have the rest of my life to catch up, so I don't need to do it all in one day. I got a milkshake from Sonic the other day. That was tasty. And I had a cheeseburger from Wendy's. I actually thought the plain hamburger was just as good. But maybe I will get a Frosty from time to time now. And the quesadillas with cheese were really good.

So I'm happy to be back to normal. And Kira still seems to be doing fine. And my weight has been fairly stable lately. That may change now that I'm eating dairy. :)

No comments: