Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blast from the Past

My goodness what four years will do to kids!

We were on our way home from visiting my dad out in Tennessee. It was October and soooo beautiful. We decided we would drive down to Franklin to see Mike's parents before going home to Cary. So we drove through the pass between Gatlinburg and Cherokee. It was like passing through a dream. Colors, fog, frozen tree tops, winding roads. So surreal.

I communed with God on that drive. Soaking in the beauty around me.

And now I look back at my boys from that time and can't believe how much they've grown. It seems as if maybe that time with them was a dream... I can't quite put my finger on the reality of it. I know they were that age, that size, but I just can't seem to pin them down... or make them stop for a moment to let me soak it all in. And knowing that in four more years, Reid will be graduating from high school, Zach will be driving, Jacob will be getting his learner's permit, Cole will become a teenager, Kira will be getting ready for kindergarten.

I'm overwhelmed. I hope to be able to stop today and appreciate my life. My kids.

God's creations.

I'm living a dream. There's no doubt about it.

3 comments:

John said...

Every once in a while Jaina looks at me, and her expression reminds me of little Cole that used to toddle around and stop by for a french fry and then toddle some more.

Joyce said...

That was a sweet time. Cole liked you so much. You, your french fries, your shoes... :)

"Uu John, When you come back?"

Laura Soto said...

This is how I remember your boys. In my head, they are sort of stuck there. Even though I saw them get older. I guess it will be worse now that I won't see them as often.