Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What it must be like...

I have begun wondering what it must be like to be Kira. A little baby girl born into a family with a bunch of really big boys. She is really lucky, I can tell you that. And sometimes that luck rubs off on me. On Sunday night, we were watching a movie. I can't remember what now, but here's the picture of us on the couch. Notice the little head barely peeking out of the blanket in Reid's arms.


Kira fell asleep while Reid was carrying her around the house. So he sat down with her on his lap and she napped like that for close to two hours. I enjoyed lounging on the couch while our movie was playing. It's nice to have an older kid who so clearly loves this new baby. I can't imagine what it will be like for Kira to grow up in this environment, but I know I like seeing the older boys fall in love with their baby sister. (And I certainly don't mind having people around to help take care of the baby.)

No comments: