Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dreams

So I believe in dreams. I've had many dreams that were more than random things. I had one dream that allowed me to put an emotional issue in my life behind me. And another dream that basically told me that I would one day have a daughter. And yet another that steered me away from a potentially bad situation. I appreciate my dreams, so I pay attention to them when I remember them.

Don't get me wrong... it's not as if the universe passes wisdom along to me each and every night. I have my share of crazy, nonsensical dreams. And lots of recurring "nightmare" type things, too.

Like the one where I'm sitting on a toilet that's in the middle of a room and there's no walls around me. I have to try to figure out how to get up without showing everyone my booty. :)

There's this one cool one where I can kind of fly. Float, actually. I can jump off high houses or trees and I'll just sort of float down to the ground. I love that.

One that's not so pleasant is that in my dreams I can't run and I can't hit people. I try to fight in my dreams and it's just impossible. I can't remember who I'm running from or who I'm fighting for the most part, but it's very frustrating that I can't do either.

And lately, I've begun to have dreams in which I am really, really angry. Like the other night, I dreamed I was driving down a hill and there was this flock of guineas. (There is a flock of guineas that roams the streets a couple of blocks from here... and there's even a "Guinea Crossing" sign that someone put up in their yard.) So, I see the flock of guineas and get all vindictive and step on the gas and try to run over a couple of them.

A good friend of mine says that me not being able to run or hit in my dreams signifies that I feel like I can't do what I want to in life. Well, who can, really? I think I enjoy my life, but it is true that I can't do what I want. I mean, who wants to do laundry and dishes every day? But I love my kids a ton, so I'm happy. So what does the guinea killing spree represent? That I'm a serial killer at heart? :) Actually. I really appreciate these dreams. I think they are releasing stress that I'm feeling during the day. And yet doing it in such absurd ways, that I can kind of laugh at it when I wake up. And I wish I could say that there's not much stress in my life right now, but that would be completely untrue. I'm glad to have Kira and I know that coming to Austin was the right thing to do, but it takes very little these days to cause me to totally stress out. I'm glad that my dreams are there to help me out. I really did feel better after trying to attack the guineas. :)

No comments: