Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Fruits of my Labor

I'm sitting here eating breakfast. Toast with cherry jam I made last summer. I'd never made cherry jam. Heck. I've never eaten cherry jam. But oh boy. This stuff is good!

My plan for this summer as far as "jamming" is to pick blueberries in mid June. I'll probably freeze most of them whole and make syrup with the rest. Blueberry jelly isn't something I've tried before, so I think I'll stick to what I know there. Then after we get back from our trip to GA and NC, I'll put up blackberry and cherry jam.

And if I can find a good source for green beans, I'll can green beans, too.

Yummy. I love summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I too am very excited about the bounty of the summer. We have a beautiful crop of blackberries that bloomed. Hope they are abundant! As for the beans, I will work with you on finding beans; maybe on your way home from NC. That would be great, but I would miss helping.
We will work on this project.
(Can't help on the cherries.)