Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

Almost Back to the Land of the Living

Many of us have been/are sick. Kira and I both were sick at the end of last week. By Sunday, I thought I was beginning to get better, but the universe had other plans for me. I ended up feeling like I was going to die for a couple of days. Kira hasn't been sleeping well because of congestion, which means I haven't been sleeping well... although, I don't think I'd be sleeping well even if it weren't for her.

But, aside from lingering coughs, we are both doing a good bit better. Kira's cough is a bit croupy at night, but it's not really bad. I just have that annoying tickle in your throat cough that keeps you from relaxing and falling asleep. So I've been taking some cough medicine that Mike got when he was so sick a few weeks ago and it's been helping me sleep at night.

And it's a good thing I'm feeling better, because tonight we're hosting a party for Parker. Parker is one of Kira's morning brothers. He's moving in a couple of weeks, so Reid wanted to throw him a party. So we have about 7 teenagers upstairs watching Madagascar 2 (their choice!). They were dancing. Shaeson (the other morning brother) brought a strobe light and they were all dancing and having a really good time. Then Shaeson decided to jump up onto the back of the couch and down onto the spot right where two sections of the couch connect. Crack. It broke. I yelled at him as I saw him about to come down hard on the couch, but it wasn't in time. Our new sectional couch. Broken.

Deep breaths.

I took the section of it that is now loose, but still in tact, into Jacob and Cole's room so it wouldn't get broken and Mike thinks we might be able to figure out a way to patch the break (which is on the corner piece). I hope so.

Tomorrow I'm taking a smaller group of the kids to Six Flags. I don't know yet if I'll be taking Kira. I'd like to leave her with Mike, but it might not be very realistic. I don't know what on earth I'd do with her at Six Flags all day.

Okay. I better go poke my head upstairs to make sure the teenage boys and girls (yes, someone invited girls... not too wild about that) are behaving.

No comments: