Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Belated Birthday Dinner


Last Saturday was Mike's 40th birthday. A big milestone which I did not embellish with black balloons or over the hill t-shirts. :)

Not only did I not embellish it that way, I did nothing for him. Instead, he packed up our van from our week at the beach and then unpacked it when we got home. Poor guy.

So today, I'm making up for all of that. I'm making him Weiner Schnitzel. No one deserves it more. :) He's put up with a lot from me lately and has been a trooper.

So, the schnitzel is in the fridge, the cucumber salad is in there marinating it's little heart out and the potatoes will be cleaned and cooked as soon as Mike gets back from his 11 yr old scout day camp thing that he took Zach to.

I also decided to try making banana pudding last night. I've never made it before, so I found an easy recipe that lots of people said was really yummy and made it. Did I ask Mike if he liked the stuff? No. Hopefully it won't be a disaster of a dessert. But then, no one really cares about dessert when you have weiner schnitzel, so it shouldn't really matter. :)

And now for some things that I really like about Mike:

1) He thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in the world.
2) He works really hard to support our family.
3) He really likes being a dad.
4) He likes it when I call him and ask if we can meet for lunch.
5) He takes all the kids with him every time he does a scout campout for his scout boys.
6) He has never flinched when I didn't feel like cooking dinner or when the house is a disaster.

He's pretty awesome.

No comments: