Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Allergies - Horrid Allergies

I remember WAY back in time when we lived in Lubbock and our neighbor, Daniel, suffered from allergies. He lived on Sudafed and talked of not being able to breathe during the night. I remember having no idea of what that must be like. I hope I didn't go so far as to think, "Boy, I'm glad *I* don't have to deal with that!" (You know how we all look at other people at some point in our lives and think we're glad we don't have a brat kid like theirs, or are glad that we don't have as much gray hair as someone else only to have it come back to bite us later?)

Anyway. I am now sad to report that I believe that I officially am suffering from allergies this year. I keep Kleenex with me everywhere I go. Sneeze for absolutely no reason. And struggle at night to breathe. Ahhh, pollen. The green haze all over everything is so beautiful. The pine trees are the main culprits and when it rains, you can see the lines of pollen between the bark on the trees. Nice. Thanks Pine Trees!

So, I'm now entering the world of "How do you begin to deal with allergy symptoms?" My daily hours long headaches are the worst part, so I'm hoping plain Tylenol will do the trick. If not, I've got more adventures ahead of me. How fun!

No comments: