Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Beach

We love Topsail Beach. It's such a nice place to be. This past week the weather was a little bit of everything (well, never HOT). We had rain, wind, mild, cold. Just everything. It was a nice, slow week. The kids built lots of sand castles and found lots of sea shells. They also watched a lot of cable. :) We don't have cable, so they gorged themselves on all of the shows available. I tried not to worry too much about them. Mike ventured into the freezing water twice. Reid and Zach tried it briefly once. Mike's parents walked on the beach often and found lots of good shells. Judy found some shark's teeth, so I searched for some during a long walk and found several for the kids. I think Jacob found one, too. Just a nice week at the beach.

We had a Wii sports tournament one day and, big surprise, our teenager won. :) Of course, I came in second place, so that was fun. :) Zach creamed me in boxing and then Reid did the same to Mike. I won bowling and somehow came out on top in baseball. Reid won hand's down in boxing and he also won tennis and golf. It was a lot of fun.

I have a big, ugly bruise on my leg from playing some game called "Dead or Alive" with the kids. One of them (Reid) throws a ball (football for us) in the air and calls it dead, alive, or dead or alive. The other people (Zach and me) have to try to be the first to get the ball (alive is catching it, dead is letting it hit the ground first, and dead or alive is either). Zach and I were surprisingly evenly matched. We ended up in a tie at the end. I kind of smooshed him into the sand and he had the ball in his legs, but I tickled him and was able to get the ball away from him. Poor kid. :) Fortunately it was all in good fun and he had a good time. The best part was that I was trying my absolute hardest and I couldn't really beat him. Reid would have beat the socks off of me. He's so fast and agile. Give Zach a couple more years and he'll do the same. My boys are growing up.

If Mike and I can ever find the cord to download our pictures from our camera, I'll post some of the pictures from the beach. It was a lot of fun. We are really looking forward to the big South gathering at the beach this summer. We got a chance to walk on the beach in front of the house and we drove by the house several times. It looks really nice (no surprise there).

No comments: