Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winter Blahs

So, I think I officially have the winter blahs. Which is kind of funny given that we haven't had much of a winter this year. Even so, I'm ready for spring. Ready for flowers and colors.

The kids are ready for a couple of days off from school. They are off next Monday and Tuesday. I know they're so excited. Reid will be spending the weekend with a friend at his family's lake house in Tennessee. He's planning on packing a fishing pole my dad bought him a year or two ago. He's very excited about it. I should probably get him a small tackle box with supplies. My dad has always been around when the kids were fishing, so I don't know if he even knows what to do! :) I know he'll have fun, though. If the weather would warm up just a tad, we'd take the rest of the kids camping. Alas, it's supposed to be really cold overnight. That makes for grumpy kids and parents who get little sleep, and therefore become grumpy, too.

So, they get two days off next week and then on March 20, they have early release (get out 2 hours early) and are off March 21. Then they go to school for a week and are off for 6 days for Spring Break. Explain to me why they can't combine the day and a half with the 6 days!?! I will never understand the public school scheduling decisions that are made. Whatever... weather should be good by then, so we can go camping that weekend.

We're planning on going to Topsail Island for spring break, so I'm really looking forward to that. We had some nice weather there last year and I'm hoping for a repeat.

No comments: