Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Home Alone

**This message is brought to you by a gesture from the Mike South kindness foundation.**

Well. Here I am. Alone in my house. Mike left with all the kids about an hour ago. I've got three and a half days all to myself.

Being home alone is just about my favorite thing in the whole world. Especially when I have a little one. It's how I recharge my batteries.

I've cleaned the living room since they left and got started upstairs. I want to try to have things all clean by tomorrow night so I can enjoy the remaining two days of alone-ness in a house that's clean (and stays that way!).

So now I will go vacuum the concrete floor and run a load of dishes and a load of laundry. Then I'll kick back and watch a movie upstairs. I haven't watched Gladiator in a year or two. I believe some Russell Crowe time is in order. Plus it's the movie with all the quotes that come to my mind at random times:

"Am I not merciful!?!"
"As you wept for your Father?"
"Are you ready to do your duty for Rome?"
"At my signal, unleash hell."
"He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him."
"I've been alone all my life. Except with you."
"But not yet. Not yet."

Oooo... I'm really excited about the movie now!

**Edit: How could I have forgotten to mention this one:

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

Great movie!!!

No comments: