Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Bunnies

Last night was perfect temperature wise. So after dinner we all went out in the back yard. We came in after a while and I guess the cat stayed outside. Then we heard a squeaking/screeching kind of noise and Cole said he thought the cat had caught a bat. Mike went out to check and said that he thought it was a newborn bunny. So I went out and found that indeed, Kory had a newborn bunny. It was uninjured except for having pooed itself. :( So I picked it up trying to figure out what on earth I was going to do with it!

Thoughts were running through my head, "Can I care for a newborn bunny?" "Would it drink milk from a medicine dropper?" "Ugh. Why me?"

Then I realized that the cat was sniffing vigorously in a spot a few feet away. I walked over and there was another newborn bunny. I put it's sibling down by it to comfort them both and looked around with the flashlight when I found their mother's den. Then I see all the stuffing that the cat must have pulled out when he was searching for the bunnies. So I put the two bunnies back in with as much of the stuffing as I could and just hoped for the best. We all turned around and started going back in the house when I decided to look around some more. And what did I find?

Another baby bunny.

Only this one is injured. He's bleeding and not moving much. Breathing hard. Mike and I decided that nature would have to take it's course with that one. So we all went back inside. This morning Zach reminded me to go out and look to see what was up with the bunnies. The injured one is gone. Maybe his mom brought him back or maybe something else carried him away.

And the rest of the stuffing is back in the bunny hole. Hopefully that means mom came home to find two of her babies okay.

We'll keep the cat out of the back yard for a while.

Then in a few weeks when bunnies are eating my vegetable garden, I'll probably let him back out again.

What?

Everybody loves a newborn.

But not everyone loves kids.

Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol (laf out loud) jk(just kidding) that was just for your fyi (for your infermation)

boy those bunnys were cute sadly one left
i now have named him "*Lone Johny*"

who rote this comment??

*zach south*
AFK(away from keabord)
bye(bye)
----
l ^ ^
(O-(><Q)
l l l
---- < <
----