Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I knew working at Waffle House would pay off...

Aside from me being a great short order cook, I finally found another benefit to having worked at Waffle House...

The worst part (to me) about making weiner schnitzel is the egg dip. You have to deal with the egg whites and their slimey parts dripping everywhere and the bread crumbs who don't stick to it very well. Icky!

I've thought about the solution for years. Why did it take me so long?

At Waffle House, when someone orders an omelet, they put the eggs in a blender to make them puff up and be smoooooth.

So I finally stuck my eggs in a blender when I made schnitzel on Monday for Mike's belated birthday dinner.

Wow. Wow. And Triple Wow! It was soooo nice!

No icky egg whites. No drippy muck. No gooey blobs in my breadcrumbs. Just smooth, clean schnitzeling!

Woo Hoo!

Thank you, Waffle House!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never to late to learn new tricks. Thanks for the tip!