Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whew.

Today I rearranged all the kid's bedrooms. I had been planning the moves for a while because I wanted to get Kira out of our bedroom.

As a baby, she slept in her crib in our closet (it's a big closet). Then a few months ago, I took down her crib and she's been sleeping on her crib mattress in the corner of our bedroom. Recently I put a twin size mattress down there for her (she is a restless sleeper, so I wanted her to have a bigger bed).

My biggest decision was whether to put her in a room with one of her brothers, or to put her in her own room. I finally decided that she needed to be in her own room.

That meant that Reid and Zach would have to share a bedroom. They've each had their own rooms since we moved into this house. However, they both said they'd rather share a room with Kira than with each other.

So... my final decision was to put Reid and Jacob together, and Zach and Cole together. So that's what I did today. Reid and Jacob are in the biggest bedroom. Zach and Cole are in the next biggest and then Kira is in the smallest (but still quite large) bedroom. The furniture arrangements seem to be working out for now. I'll take pictures tomorrow after I get everything completely done and post them here.

My biggest concern with this arrangement is that Kira will be upstairs. Mine and Mike's bedroom is downstairs. This really only concerns me because she does tend to wake up at night. Not nearly as much as she used to, but I worry. I think for the first few nights I'll sleep on the couch in the game room so I can try to teach her to stay in her bed.

We'll see how it goes.

All the furniture moving today has just about worn me out. But I'm really happy with the results. Hopefully Reid and Zach won't harbor too much resentment for their mother because she's taking away their private mini-palaces. :)

No comments: