Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Changes, Plans, Projects... LIFE!

I don't think life ever "settles". Something is always causing trouble: illness, hormones, projects, sports, you name it...

I've spent the past couple of days trying to catch up on some projects around the house. I got the last two bookcases put up in the living room. I took off the baseboards for those (because the other bookcases on the other side of the fireplace required that) only to learn that there's a little more room over on this newest side and I didn't need to do that. So I put the baseboards back on. The bookcases led me to clean out some things from our downstairs TV room. I got some of our games that have lived in that closet out and emptied a bookcase that was in that room, and moved them out to the new bookcase.

And so then I thought, "I'd really like to get my canning jars out of the TV room closet." But that required that I finally get up the second wire shelf in the laundry room. So I did that, moved the canning jars over, moved the TV room bookcase (now empty) into the hallway and basically just made a mess of everything. :)

So today I've been trying to get it all put back together. And I don't have a choice because Shawn (my nephew) is bringing over my dad's old couch tonight. A big sectional couch. I've got to have things ready for that.

Oh... and I finally pulled up the carpet in a spot where the cat peed repeatedly. Stupid cat. It's soaked into the plywood, so we're going to have to cut that out and replace it. Stupid cat. I've got some laminate to put down in it's place. And if the cat finds another pee spot somewhere, he'll be finding new owners I'm afraid.

So during all of this, I think, "It'll be nice when we're back to normal." And then I laugh at myself.

Normal.

Like that exists!

Especially when there's a teething 16.5 month old in the house!!!

No comments: